What’s a Mini Split System?
Mini split systems are ductless heating and cooling systems that allow you to control the temperature in the different rooms of your home by creating zones that can each be adjusted separately. This provides unmatched control over your home’s climate, but is also extremely energy efficient since you’re only heating or cooling the rooms you’re using and not the entire house at once.
How Does a Ductless System Work?
Ductless mini split systems are made up of two basic components: a single outdoor unit, the condenser, and several indoor units, the evaporators, that correspond to the number of temperature zones you wish to create within your home. Condensers can be connected to as few as one or two evaporators and sometimes up to as many as eight depending on the unit’s BTU capacity.
Evaporators are placed within the room(s) you want to cool or heat. When cooling, they draw in the warm air from the room, blow it over refrigerated evaporator coils, and then release the cooled air back into the room. The heat that was removed from the air is transferred back to the condenser where it is dispersed. Each evaporator unit operates independently, allowing you to create different temperature zones in each room where they are installed.
Benefits of a Mini Split System:
- Great for new additions – bonus rooms, sun rooms, garage apartments
- Energy Efficient
- Allow you to adjust the temperature setting in each room
- Cooling or heating only the rooms you need uses a fraction of total capacity, preventing wear and tear on the system
- Saves homeowners money
- Mini splits have a much smaller visual footprint than the average HVAC system and come with many options for installation. Evaporators can be wall mounted, suspended from the ceiling, or installed into drop ceilings where they are less noticeable and don’t affect your home’s overall aesthetic.
- Requires no expensive, inefficient duct work. Up to 30% of heat can be lost as it makes its way through traditional duct work.
- Condensers can be located up to 80 feet from their indoor evaporator counterparts for discreet placement
- Quick and Easy to Install – ductwork can take several weeks to install. Ductless systems can be up and running in just a day. Mini-split systems use small refrigerant lines that require only a three-inch hole. Homeowners don’t have to worry about rebuilding walls or ceilings around ductwork, and there is no loss of precious square footage.
Sure Temp can help solve your home’s heating and cooling problems at a great price! Our goal is to be the provider of choice for ductless and mini-split systems for residents in the Binghamton, NY area. In addition to installation, service, and repair, Sure Temp offers the best possible prices on the highest quality products and an on-time guarantee.
Call Sure Temp Heating and Air Conditioning today at 607-729-6800.